Sunday, October 04, 2009

rocky slide


rock slide
Originally uploaded by wereldmuis.


This is a view of the rocky slide! It's hard to tell from this photograph, but it's pretty steep. You'll know it as soon as you see it. I guess it's called a slide because you get the impression that you could easily slide right down it off the mountainside.

To give you some perspective, it's about a 20 or 30 foot climb to get from the lower side of the slide to the upper side where the trail continues. It looks more difficult than it is, since there are lots of little horizontal mini-steps to set your feet down on. It's actually kind of fun. It would have been more fun if it hadn't been wet, and I hadn't been carrying a 26 lb pack on my back.

As I crossed it, I was thinking how not-fun it would be if I decided to abort my mission, and had to travel back down this way to get to the car. Going up steep grades is always easier for me than going down. Less slippery.

No comments: