Sunday, October 04, 2009

outside greeley ponds lot down the kancamagus


outside greeley ponds lot down the kancamagus
Originally uploaded by wereldmuis.


When I finally hit the parking lot, I saw that my car was the only one left. It was almost 6 o'clock.

I took a little time to rest, and view the fall foliage along the Kancamagus Highway, something I hadn't bothered to do when I first got there.

The elevation gain from the Kancamagus Highway to the peak of East Osceola is 2216 ft, over a distance of 2.8 miles, and it took me about six hours of hiking to do it. That's a pace of about 1 mph, which seems to be about what I normally do when hauling a backpack over heights. I think I will try to do the two summits again another day, probably without a backpack.

Today, after a good night of rest, just about every muscle in my body is stiff and sore. I can't wait to go back, though!

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Great blog with lot's of fun adventures and photographs from the trails.

HAPPY TRAILS

md said...

Thanks, Ryan! Same to you!