Sunday, August 13, 2006

View of Giuffrida parking lot from Chauncey Peak

Today's hike: 2 h 50 min | 4.2 mi | 1.5 mph

I did the section of the Mattabesett from Giuffrida Park to Lamentation Mountain. I've done this section once before, in September of 2004. I think the hike up to Chauncey Peak from the dam at Giuffrida is the toughest that I've experienced in Connecticut to date. Today, it took me about 20 minutes. It's very steep and covered in small, loose rocks that make the footing treacherous.

This is a photo taken from Chauncey Peak. In the lower left corner you can see the parking lot at Giuffrida Park. The reservoir is to the right, but obscured by trees. In the upper right corner, off in the distance, you can see the Metacomet range. If you zoom in close you can even see Castle Craig.

No comments: