Saturday, August 12, 2006

Blue and white striped tape


Blue and white striped tape
Originally uploaded by wereldmuis.
After about 5 minutes' hike into the woods, I came to a sign that said the trail was marked with blue-and-white striped tape from there until the road, back the way I came. That would explain the lack of blue blazes! It would be helpful if they posted this sign at the start of the trail, too! Or not; there were only a few taped trees, anyway.

The first two miles of trail meander as if they were blazed by a drunken or crazed person. There's a lot of blowdown, and the trail seems to be all broken up. You have to be careful not to lose the trail since there are dirt roads that criss-cross the area. I passed some off-road bikes and ATVs in this area on the way out. Since I'm paranoid, I melted into the woods when I heard them coming.

No comments: