Saturday, August 12, 2006

The trail


The trail
Originally uploaded by wereldmuis.
This is a view of the trail on the way back.

I made it all the way down to Guida's (at the intersection of Routes 66 and 147) at the south end.

There's a new parking area off of Route 66, so you don't have to park at Guida's anymore if you start at the south end. The parking area is about half a mile west of Guida's on the north side of Route 66. There's a red-blue blazed side trail that connects the parking area with the blue trail here. I was astounded because the parking area is paved and even has painted parking lines! There are about eight spaces, and one of them is a handicapped spot, which struck me as kind of ironic.

When I got to Guida's, I really really wanted to get one of their hotdogs. But it looked horribly crowded, so I just headed back.

I should mention that you can get a couple of glimpses of Black Pond to the south of the trail, between the new parking lot and the ascent to Mt Higby. Views of the pond are largely obscured by trees.

No comments: