Saturday, July 12, 2008

Muddy Pond shelter


Muddy Pond shelter
Originally uploaded by wereldmuis.


Today's hike: 5 h 45 min | 16.4 mi | 2.8 mph

I did another stretch of the Midstate Trail today. I kept a blistering pace (I average about 2 mph), although it didn't feel like that. The elevation changs are small, which is what made the faster pace possible.

I started at the Schenck Property Trails trailhead in Westminster. That trail system looks pretty new. I went all the way out to Rt 12 and back.

I like this section of the trail. It's pretty quiet, even though you have to cross some roads and pass through some farmland.

There are tons of mosquitoes throughout this section; that may be because it has been a very rainy year so far. The mosquitoes are careless. I'm used to mosquitoes flying away when you swipe at them. Almost all of the ones that landed on me were killed with ease; they seemed oblivious to the breeze produced by my oncoming hand.

No comments: