Saturday, June 07, 2008

lara bar for lunch


lara bar for lunch
Originally uploaded by wereldmuis.


My lunch consisted of a Lara Bar with a "best buy" date of April 2008. I figured it would still be quite edible, and it was.

I like Lara Bars because the ingredients are ridiculously simple, and pretty much soy free (I think I may be getting an excess of soy in my diet). If I didn't loathe food preparation, I might actually be able to cook something up like this myself! This here chocolate coconut bar consists of "dates, almonds, walnuts, unsweetened coconut, and unsweetened cocoa powder."

Still, it was a tiny lunch, and by the time I got back to my car at around 4:30 I was ravenous... one of the fun parts of hiking is getting home and scrounging up some dinner, which, no matter what it is, always tastes ten times better than usual.

2 comments:

Rob said...

Lara's great but you might also like to try the Kardea gourmet nutrition bar. 7g fiber, 7g protein, 1g plant sterols, low saturated fat, only 150 calories----and these taste great and have great aroma. All four are vegetarian --- utilizing no dairy and utlizing lower glycemic agave and brown rice syrup as the primary sweeteners. 2 are vegan (chai spice and banana nut). We would be glad to send you samples for trial. rleighton@kardeanutrition.com

md said...

Thanks, Rob, I'd like to try the Kardea bar. I appreciate the offer of a trial. Are they only sold online, or can I find them in stores?