Saturday, June 21, 2008

feet


feet
Originally uploaded by wereldmuis.


At around five hours, my body started complaining more bitterly. "Whose idea was it to take a @&# six hour hike!?" However, by that time my brain was fried from the heat, and it simply replied "Don't bother me, I'm too whatever from the thingy... la-la-la..." My body heaved a sigh, muttered under its breath "this is so typical" and carried my brain off to a stream, where it soaked its feet for a good 10 minutes. Thus refreshed, it staggered off on autopilot, sans brain function, back to the car.

I'm not sure why I hit the wall at four hours. Last week I did four hours without trouble. I think the main cause was a lack of sleep - I didn't get enough last night. And the extra weight of the backpack probably didn't help... plus, I didn't hydrate so well during hour four, when the mosquitoes were so thick that I didn't want to stop to get water from my pack for a good thirty minutes.

Despite those little difficulties, I wouldn't have spent the day any other way. What a wonderful day to be outside! Blue sky, little fluffy clouds, and a stream to soak your feet in!

No comments: