Sunday, September 26, 2010

us geological survey marker at mt liberty


us geological survey marker at mt liberty
Originally uploaded by wereldmuis.

From Mt Flume to Mt Liberty is about a 50 minute walk. The continued ascent gets a little tedious after taking the Flume Slide, but it's not really difficult.

I was excited to find this US Geological Survey marker at the summit of Liberty. Nice alternative reward, given that there was no view!

When I arrived I was met by several groups, some people hanging out to eat or doing yoga (or maybe meditating). It was a little chilly, and I was still a bit concerned it might rain, so I didn't hang out for long. It was around 1:30 pm at this point. My legs were shaky so I figured I should eat something, even though I wasn't hungry. I started in on my Clif bar, and began the descent.

No comments: