Saturday, May 10, 2008

curtain


curtain
Originally uploaded by wereldmuis.


I've been in my new apartment for two weeks, and I finally got around to hanging a curtain across my window today.

I really needed a darkening curtain across the bedroom window because there's a bright light directly outside, which makes it impossible to sleep well. I already had some navy curtains from my last apartment. That place had the same problem.

When I first moved in, my temporary fix was to prop one of my curtains up in the window using a set of crossbars made from pieces of my futon frame. I hung the curtain sideways, and it fit reasonably well that way.

Today I made the thing more permanent and official with a curtain rod. I didn't buy a new curtain, since the current one seems to be sufficient.

Such progress! At this rate, I may actually be settled in by the time I have to move again.

No comments: