Saturday, May 03, 2008


After my first shower in my new apartment last week, I was determined to get a new shower head. The one that was installed was a real piece of junk, something you might find at a campground. It inefficiently gave a weak spray in all directions. My shower probably took twice as long as usual, and wasted a lot of water since the spray was too wide and there was no way to adjust it.

I've lived in several apartments, and never went to the effort of buying myself a new shower head, so this was a first for me... I went to BB&B and found a small but confusing variety of shower heads. I recognized a Waterpik from my previous apartment, but I'd never really liked that. I decided on the Delta 5-Spray shower head, which seemed to have the spray pattern I wanted based on the configuration of the holes.

It was cheap, $20, and easy to install. I did not use Teflon tape as they suggested, and despite that there's no leaking. And it works just the way I want. I'm very happy! The shower is a major factor in my apartment satisfaction quotient, which has increased substantially today.

No comments: