Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Frickin' unbelievable


Where did the trailhead parking go?! Posted by Picasa

I went for a hike over at Sleeping Giant today. The trailhead parking off of Tuttle Av was full, so I went over to the parking area off of Mansion Rd. They've been paving Mansion Rd for weeks now. Well, they finally got to the trailhead. And they've put up a huge asphalt curb that obstructs entry to the trailhead parking. There's no way I'm taking my car over that.

Admittedly, it was never clear whether this parking was "official" or legal. But several trails do wind up at the road here, and ever since I've been hiking here, there has been a dirt area to the side of the road that's large enough to hold three or four cars.

This dirt parking area is adjacent to a driveway leading up to someone's house. The new asphalt curb was not constructed where that driveway meets the road, so I drove into the driveway and backed my car up onto the dirt area. I guess one car can still park there, but it's very bad. If someone parks in front of you while you're out hiking, your access to the road will be blocked. And I don't like driving up in someone's driveway to get to the parking area anyway.

So who is responsible for this state of affairs? It's either the contractors or the people who hired them. Something tells me it's "The Government." Argh!!!! Gnash! No wonder people are always ranting about them.

[See my post on June 22 for the resolution to this problem.]

No comments: