Friday, February 20, 2009

Dollhouse

So, I saw there's a new show out called Dollhouse, starring Eliza Dushku, who played "Faith" on Buffy. I thought to myself, gotta catch that. And tonight I did (because who needs a broadcast signal when you've got an internet connection?).

After watching for a few minutes, I was thinking "Is it my imagination? This show really has the flavor of a Buffy episode. Something about the way the scenes are shot, the dialogue... Am I just kidding myself?" And then the opening credits roll.

Dollhouse was created by Joss Whedon! Mentally, I am clapping my hands with glee! How did I not hear about this?! And look at all the Buffsters: aside from Eliza Dushku, there's Amy Acker amongst the cast. Tim Minear who wrote for Angel and Firefly, is producing and writing. David Solomon who co-produced and directed on Buffy, is producing and directing. I also see Kelly A. Manners, who produced Angel and Buffy, in the credits. Whee! All's right with the world!

[Check out this interview with mega-genius Joss Whedon. He is so cool!!!]

No comments: