Monday, April 05, 2010

A review of "Wait For Me"

by Moby

I started listening to Moby’s Wait For Me way back in Sept ‘09, and it didn’t really resonate. That wasn’t a fair treatment, though, because I had been playing Radiohead’s Amnesiac constantly, and nothing was going to get through that cloak of darkness.

I’ve been off Radiohead, and music in general, for a little while. The other day, I decided to give “Wait For Me” another try, on a long drive home. Well, damn, Moby has done it again. I listened to the CD four times over, and it felt like my heart had been ripped out and stomped on (which was how I felt when I was introduced to Moby via Porcelain). It may not sound like it, but it was a good feeling. Now I’ve got “Wait For Me” playing over and over and over again in my car. Thank you, Moby!

No comments: