Saturday, September 06, 2008

view of lime rock

view of lime rock
Originally uploaded by wereldmuis.


I hiked a section of the Mohawk Trail on Labor Day (last Monday). I started at Ford Hill Rd and went to Rt 7, a total of 7.1 miles in 3 h 50 min, for a somewhat pathetic pace of 1.9 mph.

Most of the hike was pretty mild, but going up to the summit of Lookout Point was a little brutal since I didn't bring enough water. There's a nice view at the top. That's Lime Rock race track in the distance. I could hear the roar of the racing cars in the distance.

This section of the Mohawk has some very beautiful views, including a pretty waterfall at Dean Ravine. Unfortunately, I forgot my digital camera and only had my cell phone to take photos!

Today, I went hiking as well, but only for about two hours. I didn't bring my camera since rain was predicted. It was a gloomy, dark day, and it did start to rain a bit after I had been out for about an hour. Fortunately I didn't get completely soaked.

No comments: