Thursday, June 14, 2007

Right Hip view


Right Hip view
Originally uploaded by wereldmuis.


This is a view from the Right Hip of Sleeping Giant. Rain threatened, but never arrived. Those are Quinnipiac University buildings in the center, and off in the distance to the SW can be seen the tall buildings of the city of New Haven.

I hiked for about one hour in Sleeping Giant today, and spent another hour hunting for letterboxes. And what a bonanza! I found three: the one at Right Hip, the one at Ned's Cabin, and, finally, the one at Right Leg (third try's the charm). Yes, the letterbox at Right Leg really does exist, although it sure is a stumper.

Water had seeped into the box at Right Hip, and I did my best to dry everything out. There was no ink pad there either, so I used my own.

No comments: