Saturday, June 03, 2006

All dressed up and nowhere to go


The old makes way for newPosted by Picasa

I finally caved in and bought a new bottle of sunscreen this morning. I've been meaning to do this for over a year. I've got a huge tube of Banana Boat that is old beyond memory. Whenever I put it on, I wonder if it hasn't aged to uselessness or converted to some dastardly cancer-causing agent. I went for a smaller bottle of the Neutrogena stuff this time. Conveniently, it has an expiration date. Plus it's ludicrously expensive, so I'll feel compelled to use every last drop.

But there's no use for sunscreen right now. Apparently, it's going to rain all weekend. Nevertheless, I went out to face the elements around noon. I wore rainpants and a rain jacket. The air was clammy. There was a fine mist coming down throughout most of the hike, but it never poured. I spotted a couple of deer, and placed my feet very carefully so as not to slip on the rocks.

No comments: