Wednesday, November 16, 2005

weightlifting at night

I left work late, at 8 pm, so I wound up lifting pretty late - at 10 pm. That's always a bit rough for me. I like to get to bed around 10. I can't hit the sack directly after lifting; I'm wide awake.


Tonight the soundtrack to my workout came from the Evanescence album "Fallen".

There is not a single track on this album which is not excellent. However, there are two quiet, pensive tracks which I usually skip through when working out. These are track 4 - "My Immortal" - and track 11 - "Whisper". These are great songs, just no good for lifting (fine for the cool down afterwards though).

I bought the album mainly for the track "Bring Me To Life", but after playing the CD through a few times I found it really ate into me. I couldn't stop playing the thing; I played it during almost every workout for about 4 months. I play it less, lately, but it remains one of my all-time favorite albums.

tag:

No comments: