Sunday, November 13, 2005

Back in form

I went for a 4 hour hike today, completing the Reservoir section of the Mattabesett trail. My pace was better than usual, about 2.3 miles per hour.

This was a difficult hike. On this section of the Mattabesett trail, there are several fairly steep slopes that are a bit hard going up, but terrible going down - especially because they are now covered with deep piles of leaves. Further, this section seems to be frequented by dirt bikers, especially after mile 2. I didn't actually see any, but the peace of my hike was frequently disturbed by the growl and buzz of their engine noise. This was all topped off by an encounter with a group of people with "friendly" unleashed dogs that leaped up on me, slobbering all over my clothes. Thanks!

Despite all that, it was a great day, and a nice hike. I think now that I've completed the Reservoir section I won't be heading back there though! Not my cup of tea.

See more progress on: go hiking

No comments: