Sunday, August 08, 2010

boston from buck hill


boston from buck hill
Originally uploaded by wereldmuis.


Today's hike: 2 h | 3.75 mi | 1.9 mph

I took the same hike this morning as I did on May 15 of this year, from Headquarters Path to Rt 28 and back, at Blue Hills Reservation. This is probably my favorite section of the Skyline Trail.

I started out around 8 am, carrying a pack weighing 20 lbs. This was a maintenance session. I haven't been able to do as much backpacking as I'd like this summer. But, I need to stay in shape since I hope for more opportunity later in the season.

My hiking rate was slower this time, because I was carrying a pack. But I'm pretty happy getting almost 2 mph. It was a very comfortable pace, and I didn't get blisters. I didn't feel tired at all once I finished. It helped a lot that there were cool breezes blowing every now and then.

No bugs in sight, either.

No comments: