Saturday, March 13, 2010

A review of "Vegetarian Dal Makhani"

by French Meadow Bakery

You wouldn’t expect a really good Indian dinner to come from a company called French Meadow Bakery. I’ve eaten a lot of frozen dinners, and I was skeptical when I picked up their Vegetarian Dal Makhani. The picture on the front looks appetizing, but most frozen dinners look nothing like the image on the outside of the box.

I was pleasantly amazed. Not only does the food really slide out onto your plate looking picture perfect, it tastes absolutely perfect as well, as if it were prepared in a restaurant. The meal has 5 g of fiber, 8 g of protein, and only 340 mg of sodium, which is relatively low for a frozen dinner. And it tastes delicious! I will definitely try more French Meadow dinners.

No comments: