Saturday, March 21, 2009

compare and contrast: theo bars

 

I haven't been able to find Theo Caramels at my local Whole Foods, anymore. Instead, I found a few Theo chocolate bars.

I was intrigued, in particular, by two bars that are both 75% cacao, but the cacao originates from different areas. One says "Ghana Panama Ecuador 75% cacao" (a mix of beans from Ghana, Panama, and Ecuador) and the other says "Ivory Coast 75% cacao" (all Ivory Coast beans). I bought both, and I'm going to sample them at the same time and see if I can tell the difference. For the moment, I'm just appreciating how nice their wrappers look, practically works of art.

I also bought something called "bread & chocolate", which has French bread in the ingredients. That should be interesting!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: