Saturday, December 20, 2008

Why it's taking me forever to finish consuming "The Traveller"

by John Twelve Hawks

OK, it’s not really taking me “forever” to read The Traveller. But it’s taking me longer than it should, because I am afraid to finish it. There are two reasons. It is just that entertaining, and when I finish it I know I’ll have a hard time finding anything else that good to read. Worse, what if it disappoints? I’m over three-quarters into the book. There have been some minor flaws which I can easily overlook, but it could be a sign of bad things to come. Will the denouement be thrilling? I am afraid to look…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, do you know the traveller is part of a trilogy?

md said...

Hi Kia,

yeah, I know it's part of a trilogy.

I guess I've come to expect disappointment from sequels. I will read the whole series, but I expect to be let down by whatever comes next (lowered expectations sometimes help). I'm just hoping the first book doesn't end badly.

The third book is "coming in 2009" so that'll be a wait, in any case.

buddhamouse