Thursday, September 18, 2008

the buttons

click photo to enlarge 
Once the screws were removed, I could finally free the plastic lip from the monitor casing. Here you see the buttons. All of the buttons look the same, except for the on/off button. The on/off button is empty; the others have a small slightly raised bar down the middle.

At this point, I was stymied, unfortunately. It appears to me that the difference between the on/off and the other buttons is deliberate. It doesn't look like anything broke off the on/off button; there is nothing clearly missing.

Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there!

Thanks for the tutorial!! We had the same problem and followed your tut. Now we've noticed that the on/off button is not activated by a middle pin (like the other buttons), but with a pin on the rim of the button, which tends to break. Just glue something similar on the rim... problem solved.

Cheers!

md said...

Anonymous,

glad this was of some help. I still haven't gotten around to fixing my own. Too much other stuff to do! It'll probably have to wait till I'm unemployed before I try again.

buddhamouse

Anonymous said...

The on-off button is only for display of the leds under it, the actual on-off button is to the left of the button, I drilled a small hole in the bessel and use a paper clip to turn it on-off. I guess there was an extension in the button that broke, it will be wise to use a non-metalic clip.