Friday, July 04, 2008

bench


bench
Originally uploaded by wereldmuis.


This picturesque little bench perches on the bluffs at Moose Hill Wildlife Sanctuary, where I went letterboxing at today.

I highly recommend the "Moose Hill" letterboxing set, both for the quality of the boxes and for the nice hike around the grounds. I spent 2.5 hours hiking, and quite a lot more time hunting, especially for the first box, which was tricky. And then I didn't have a map, and got all turned around, and wound up finding box #3 before box #2. I wasn't sure I'd find any of them, so it worked out well.

I was encouraged to become a member of Mass Audubon in order to avoid paying the $4 entry fee to Moose Hill. The cost of membership is $44, but I'm hopeful that I'll be using the Mass Audubon sanctuaries frequently. Plus I think it's a good cause. Lord knows the state of Massachusetts can use more conservation land, especially near Boston.

No comments: