Wednesday, March 14, 2007

First fill-up

Yesterday I tanked up my new Prius for the first time. It's got just about 300 miles on it now.

I don't know how accurate the mileage is. When I got the car, it had about 17 miles on it. The tank was supposed to be full when the car was delivered, and I believe that it was, but I forgot to reset the trip odometer at the time. My best guess is that I got 43.9 mpg, but the car's mpg gauge claims it has gotten 40.7 mpg.

When I refilled the car, I reset the mpg gauge and the trip odometers, so the next reading should be more reliable. Of course now that I work in a new location, and the temperatures are heading up, I should get different readings, anyway.

It's definitely very cool having a new car, but I still find this car far too big for my needs. Yesterday, I managed to scrape the front hubcap while parking, probably because I'm used to the smaller width of my old car. I still miss my old car terribly... *sigh*.

No comments: