Sunday, January 28, 2007

Cheese recommendation - Woodcock Farm

 
On an autumn vacation to Vermont a few years ago, I visited Woodcock Farm, and sampled a few of their cheeses. I was positively impressed; so when I saw a few wedges of cheese with the Woodcock Farm label in my local health food store, I didn't hesitate to grab one, barely able to suppress a sybaritic cackle.

I was planning on eating the cheese at room temperature, savoring its solitary goodness. It has a delicious flavor that way and leaves a slightly tingly sensation in my mouth. But I took a leap of faith and tried it in another capacity: I have begun making mini-pizzas with it. Not ordinary mini-pizzas, but gourmet ones, with Seeds of Change organic tomato sauce and Matthew's whole wheat English muffins. The flavor of the cheese doesn't stand up to tomato sauce very well when it's used for this purpose; nevertheless, these mini-pizzas are delicious. Highly recommended. Posted by Picasa

No comments: