Monday, July 31, 2006

Happy Birthday to you...


Birthday cupcake
Originally uploaded by wereldmuis.
The weather was perfect, except for the slight breeze that kept kicking up just when I'd strike a match to light the candle. With the heat we've been having, I shouldn't have been cursing a breeze, but it made it devilishly hard to keep the candle lit. Lit, of course, the candle must remain, for the entirety of the performance of the "Happy Birthday" song - a crucial part of the birthday ritual.

Eventually I gave up and moved the picnic to a more sheltered area nearby, which lacked the nice view. Even there, I had difficulty keeping the candle lit. But it finally worked - as evidenced in this photo.

2 comments:

Ethan said...

Happy Birthday. A bit belated.

md said...

Hopefully it's clear that it was not my birthday, but my friend's birthday!

I will send her your birthday greeting, though, thanks! :-)